Congratulations to the recipients of the Picture This Mini-Grants offered through the JCS Fund of the DuPage Foundation. Mini-grant applications are considered quarterly. The next grant cycles will close on June 30 and September 30, 2018. See guidelines and apply here.
This past cycle, diversity was the theme and projects focused on a variety of criterion including economic level, participant age (youth to seniors), ethnic background, and individuals with disabilities. After careful consideration, the following projects were selected:
- Immigrant Solidarity DuPage, DuPage Latino Youth Empowerment Through Art Project (Wheaton, IL)
- Lisle Park District, Senior Perspectives (Lisle, IL)
- People Made Visible, Inc., Artist-in-Residence Esperanza Gama (West Chicago, IL)
- Ray Graham Association, Monarch Academy Art Delivery Project (Lisle, IL)
- Village of Bensenville, Faces of Bensenville: Portraits of a Community (Bensenville, IL)
- Western DuPage Special Recreation Association Foundation, Visiting Artist Program for Adults with Mental Illness (Carol Stream, IL)