On October 15, 2011, the East Moline Foundation was officially announced to the community. Since then, the East Moline Foundation Board has initiated several fundraising activities, met with financial advisors, held monthly Board meetings, and added several new Board members. Members of the East Moline Foundation Board include: Doug Reynolds, Chairman; Bob Baecke, Vice Chairman; Bill Phares, Secretary/Treasurer and Board members Pat VanBruwaene, Larry Anderson, Terry Brahm, and Willie Ellis.
The Board of the East Moline Foundation recently met and approved the following grants to charitable organizations that benefit the citizens of East Moline and the surrounding area:
- Ballet Quad Cities $1,000.00
- Black Hawk Area Education Center $2,000.00
- Child Abuse Council $800.00
- Children’s Therapy Center $1,500.00
- Christ United Methodist Church $4,000.00
- Dyslexia Reading Solutions $500.00
- Eagle Ridge Child Outreach $1,000.00
- East Moline Park Board $2,000.00
- Main Street East Moline $1,000.00
- Marriage and Family Counseling $1,000.00
- Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church $1,300.00
- RICCA $2,150.00
- United Township High School $2,000.00
- Watertown Food Pantry $2,000.00
- WQPT Public Television $750.00
Donations to the East Moline Foundation may be mailed to: Bill Phares, P.O. Box 457, East Moline, Illinois 61244 or call (309)796-0170.
East Moline Foundation Board Chairman Doug Reynolds noted, “Hungry children will be fed, students will be inspired, and the needy clothed, thanks to the gifts that have been received, and those yet to come. We are grateful for the generosity of our neighbors that brings hope and a higher quality of life to many others in our community. ”
The East Moline Foundation, East Moline, Illinois founded in 2011, is affiliated with the Moline Foundation as a community foundation which provides grants to health, human services, education, workforce development, the arts and other charitable organizations which benefit the citizens of East Moline and the surrounding area, including the Quad Cities region. The East Moline Foundation receives and administers charitable gifts and works with citizens to achieve their dreams to improve the community.
Officers and members of the East Moline Foundation include:
Doug Reynolds, Chairman, Bob Baecke, Vice Chairman, Bill Phares, Secretary-Treasurer, Pat VanBruwaene, Larry Anderson, Terry Brahm, and Willie Ellis.